Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Confessions of a Nostalgic Mind

I guess its not me alone who has noticed that life has turned mundane all of a sudden. Senor Lefty went ahead and wrote a blog about it. This put me thinking (you have to realise the gravity of the situation, its not very often I “think”) on my past two years in the insti. To back it up, a trip to RJB completed the nostalgia that I had been feeling for the past week.

Seems funny, how trivial a thing such as getting a non-ghissue kid as your room-pota puts your mind at ease and the jubilation you feel when you notice your “NAHAANA SAKHT MANA HAI!” peeking out from the door of the still dilapidated cupboard. Now the song Puraani Jeans was good but then it didn’t mention “woh karna orkutting doston ke saath”.

Back to the present now, and a caught proxy brings the same chuckle it used to bring back in the first week of the first year. The mess food bring the same grimace that it used to bring back on the first day of the first year. A nine o clock starting day seems heaven when compared to an eight o’ clock starting day. Some things never change!

Some things that do change however are the following:

1) You realise cleanliness is next to Godliness. But time doesn’t permit such lavish pursuits.

2) You start giving due respect to girls. Never ogle at one for less than five minutes.

3) You realise the pathway to immortality is having a “committed” tag.

4) You use your clothes judiciously. Ab daag acche hain!

And then people like me get oppurtunities to bug people by actually having their opinion put in the college magazine!

Life is great!

p.s.- The blog was partially an attempt at coming up with meaningful sentences and partially an attempt to keep my blogger account active!

4 comments:

Saagar said...

I thought the way to immortality was through a "gay" tag?
And are you going to be on the hallowed pages too? Nice.

Murty said...

I never make it to any page- neither your blog's as was promised this time, or the hallowed pages (as I'm cursed never to)... Boo-hoo...

Withered said...

Hallowed pages on a hollow magazine? Sounds like you'll drop out.

I don't think I've been in RJB since my second year. No wait, I did go in my third year for the intro talk. But I have never looked back upon my room. You see, it's too far off to visit. Kinda like my room now.

Sushant said...

@lefty
yeah "committed","gay"....potato, potahto!
@murthy
aagu! aagu!
@rapu
i specifically mentioned, life had turned mundane, not rapu! and if you ask me, you are so GREat that i wouldnt put it past you to look at your previous home with nothing but an adjective that noone else would understand! No offends mate!