Friday, May 23, 2008

From Roorkee With Love!

Manchester United are the champions of Europe. Period.
Now, I wont try to take anything away from the glory of the moment by writing about it! You had to be there, otherwise you missed it!
The title might give you an idea as to what the blog is about and it is more than just a spoof of a Bond movie!
Studying in a college like IIT (yeah I know, I’ve said it many times) doesn’t give you that much pleasure in observing the budding love lives, the start ups and the break ups, the ditches et al, as you would get in any other “normal” college. (As kids, don’t we build up the image of college as where there would definitely start a love life?)
Well, but students try to make as much headway as possible, so we have a section in the college magazine where a certain “popular” guy or a girl is asked, what was his/her first crush on campus. When it comes to boys, you only get to see names of two or three girls coming up. (Can I get a Hallelujah!) The same names are repeated week in week out. The variety is more when the girls are asked. (Hardly a surprise!)
Now and then, I come across souls who talk to me about their love life and I think that section of people will henceforth stop talking to me. Its not that bad either. After they have that conversation where there are a hundred times more questions than answers, the most repeated one being, “Samajh mein nahin aa raha mai kya karun!”, I usually give an aphorism of such perverted level that they don’t ever have that conversation with me again.
Thinking about it brings the famous quote that Merlyn was told in “Fools Die”: “Its all about c***!” (These were the parting words of a famous author portrayed in the novel!)
I know it was short but I think the last part did pack a punch!

3 comments:

Withered said...

Hail the Reds! (No, I am not a Man U fan, but I like a good team). Seriously, do those people prefer not to converse with you, or is it you who blows them away?

Sushant said...

@the stranger who thought my blog was worth commenting upon (withered):
Well both are two sides of the same coin, aren't they!

Withered said...

Learn to leave Anonymous as an option. P.S. I know more than you think I do. In fact, I know all answers. And yes, 42 is one of them.