Friday, October 5, 2007

There's an athelete in all of us.

Those were the days!!!When I was one of the select few topping the class,girls came to me to solve their queries,albeit non romantic ones(not that now i solve romantic ones either),teachers "wanted" my opinions,blah...blah....
Unfortunately that was also the time when I didnt play nething for some days and my weight increased exponentially to near a quintal or so.And bang!!!During the middle of that big bang of my own came the physical examination practical...I only had to endure a 100m race.......but even that seemed a mammoth task to my mammoth of a body and after running 50m or so i shouted"Phat gayi!!!!Phat gayi!!!!",needless to say i came last but not before i had made all the front runners lose a couple of seconds after they had doubled up with laughter!!!!
(this event has gone down in the school legends)

Fast forward one and a half years....

These are the days,I m one of the select few of the backbenchers,there ARE no girls so leave them aside and the professors,well, they sometimes "want" my opinion on whether i was sleeping or copying a tutorial on "THAT LAST SEAT"?

Fortunately,these are also the days when i play a whole range of sports(my friends here will confirm the fact that if versatility is wht u want i am ur man!!!) and my weight(with much help from the RJB mess)has reduced to half a quintal or thereabouts.
Also,I have started taking my physical fitness quite seriously (I ran 5kms just bfore i had to leave for "the fest that cannot be attended")and after i told this to my frnds who had witnessed that graceful event of "Phat gayi!!!!!",they said:"Yaar!!!The old Sushant was more hilarious".

So today there was this Athletic meet for the college,i m more into sports than athletics,but decided to participate newaz in some races and stuff.
First event:800m race
I fell within the first 10m(I'd like to think it was a conspiracy on the competitors' part who THOUGHT i cud win the race)and any professional athelete will tell u how hard it is to get up once u fall down(and even harder when u have not eaten ur breakfast and woken up just 15 mins bfore the race).So I came last(actually joint last when one of my basketball teammates took pity on me and joined me).

Next event:100m race
Arjun("bakch*d",joint secy of basketball):I think the basketball team shud have its separate heat.We run so slowly such that even if others TRY they wont be able to run that slow!!!
Myself:Yeah why not!!!We'll call it the Bakch*d heat!!!

So the participants of the bakch*d heat lined up.
Pratap:No matter what happens,we'll all run together!!!!
Chorus:Fine

The race starts and Pratap is left behind.
After we have run around 70m or so,a shout comes from behind(it was more of a scream actually):Bastards!!!Left me behind

I was instantly reminded of my memorable school days after listening to this plea of help.


And now I can only give myself solace from Aunt May's words:There's an athelete in all of us!!!!!

No comments: