Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The fest that simply has to be attended......

"No blogs for a long time?"asks joey.
ME:I think i have reached that stage as an author where,new ideas stop coming.
(This comment,I think,is reserved for authors of the calibre of Rowling only but what the heck,excuse maarne mein kya jaata hai)

This blog is about R-fest,named Thomso( I think if there was one thing that had to be named after the founder,this fest has been rightly named after the guy).
Again I refer to my previous blogs and say that as much as i now hate D fest(note the poetic justice in the line),i love R fest.

Apart from the usual twinkle in the eyes of the horny residents of the campus due to the huge turnout of the fairer sex,the fest provides ample oppurtunities to let ur hair down(guys look forward to oppurtunities to let their pants down too!!!!).
Since this is my blog,i wont provide a detour of thomso,ill just say what happened to me in the fest.

I was basically involved(read:working my ass off) in two things:Litsec events and Accomodation cell.
The former turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise as the events organised by the geeks of the insti saw participation in huge numbers.The point in case being the fact that my MMS(not the DPS,RKP mms u morons,MMS means movies music sports)quiz saw such participation which even other "cooler" sections couldnt boast of.
The latter turned out be the most thankless job i have ever done,although it felt nice when a participant offered me to come to his birthday bash and have drinks(i'm still looking forward to that one!!!!)and it of course felt nice when people said "Nice job!!!!"

The readers might notice im not in my usual PJ mood(the PJ's have btw become a worldwide benchmark as far as blogs are concerned),well thts partially because im writing this blog at the behest of someone and partially because this Thomso wasnt that whacky as last year's when i had been rejected like 10 times for the blind date event.Come to think of it,there's actually no point asking a girl to on a blind date contest with u:u HAVE to dump her once u are IN the event.

Of course the whackiness kicked in during the concerts where i managed to make Jaini STAND on my shoulders and he made a video of the whole concert crowd(there's a 10 second portion which focusses only on some immensely well endowed entity's assests!!!!).As a result i had to sleep with a crappe bandage around my neck.......

I'd like to conclude on the same monotonous and boring note as this blog,that this was probably the only four days where we got to see "greenery" on the campus and here's sincerely hoping that the Spice Girls make next year's R-fest as a part of their Asia tour itenary................

No comments: