Wednesday, August 5, 2009

From The Dark Snows.....

One of the primary reasons I found myself in an unjolly mood throughout my intern was because United, after having a fairytale season lost in an inexplicable manner to Barcelona in the Champions League Final. After having watched that under a bout of the most terrible flu of my life, there definitely has to be some award on the lines of “Survival of the shittest” given to me. The do-all game, atleast for me and the performance had reminded me of the performance of ‘Aap Mujhe Acche Lagne Lage’ at the BO.

That was about three months ago, and yeah I forget to mention your misery has to continue when you find you lose your best player who happens to be the best in the world too and also discover that another player whom you thought to be the most committed was doing a Peter Pettigrew on you. Things certainly did look gloomy!

Crosstown rivals and competitors for the “Bastards of the Premier League” alongwith Chelsea FC, Citeh, meanwhile were scooping up players much like The Bulk. You know, when he sets his sight on something to eat, it usually ends up in his mouth. There isn’t much of an option with anyone.

On top of that you also realise that the hallowed No.7 jersey has been awarded to a player who scored more than two hundred goals for your greatest rivals. But like I said, that was three months ago!

I have just gotten over the complete annihilation of Valencia  CF and that’s saying so when I was just reading the blog version of its live coverage. Berbatov seems untouchable (as in the way nobody else can touch him, but ofcourse you get that!), Macheda with every game  screams, “Pick me gaffer!” and boy oh boy it has to be some day when you contemplate on how actually John O’ Shea is a brilliant asset for the team. Its around 10 days remaining to the start of the season and I have to admit the goosebumps haven’t been this spooky anytime during the past 10 years.

Bring it on Bitches!

5 comments:

Shreyas said...

I have one thing to say, "In fergie we trust".

Bring it on!!

Saagar said...

Fairytale season
Bhai mere Paramanand, we had a lousy season. Lost to the Scousers twice, and never consistently showed our trademark flair. The main take-aways were the defensive records and the comebacks against villa and the spurs.
Yet, we finished as champions of england and runners-up in europe. That's saying something.
Regarding this season, in IIM-C lingo- Aandozzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sushant said...

that is what precisely made us being the championsso fairytal-ish, didnt it? but yes i might be delving too much into the good moments to be calling the season a fairytale.....

Murty said...

I've always believed we'll rock BPL's world this season, and that's what kept me up reading RoM over the entire summer, when not despising Citeh's despicable transfer policy.

Apart from "Glory Glory...", I can't wait to sing aloud "Ooh, aah, Cantona!" this season!

Anonymous said...

We never hit top gear last season da, which is probably what made the wins over Villa and the Spurs all the more special.

Though the side look decent, I have this sneaky feeling this might be our season in transition. Oh well, I'll save all that for 'gyaara lal', once Kaka makes the offer I can't refuse.