Thursday, July 9, 2009

Konichiwah

More than half the people who come to visit India, probably come here just to see the majestic Taj Mahal. Ofcourse they don’t realize that something more majestic happened here on 24th August,1988 but then someone did wisely ask “Khaega Kela?”
The holidays couldn’t have taken a more blissful turn ever since I landed in Agra with a movie every other day. The reviews in short:
New York- Surprisingly, after listening to people go “PATHETIC!”, I found it reasonable and actually a well thought out movie.
Kambakht Ishq- Decent comedy. Kareena looks smok-wait for it-hot-wait for it-hotter. There aren’t more reasons to watch the movie for a time.
Terminator 4- Not Bad. Though I was strangely reminded of Brisingr asin the plot went forward about a couple of inches.
Kal Kissne Dekha- 200 bucks Inox ticket. Out in 20 minutes. So the movie was beyond awessome!
Those were the reviews about which, I am sure, all you people give two and a half hoots.
Coming back to my stay in Agra, the stay has been made even better by my loving aunts, one of whom is a master chef and the other one’s husband is a hotshot civil servant. So with all the innumerable contacts that have sprung in the city, I have comfortably visited places. A special no holds barred cocktail contest with a friend in the bar of “The Mughal Sheraton” must be thrown light upon. I was, of course, the loser. But you, my dear reader, are the real loser now!
The vacations have had their worse moments vis a vis me leaving my lappy charger in the train and then sitting on the remainder of the partnership thereby obliterating its screen. This reminds me, I have to get it fixed. Also, leaving my whole book collection in M’s extremely unreliable hands could prove to be dangerous.
Apart from this, I really don’t think that “catching up on me” would really do a world of good. But writing about it seemingly does me exactly that for I have to quell that insatiable thirst for writing the like of which Rowling, Woodhouse, Tolkein and Stinson all have complained about.
P.S. Strange style of writing due to, like I said earlier, not typing on my own comp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought a moustache wouldn't look out-of-place on Kareena Kapoor's very masculine visage. Oh yes, she has quite a bod, but the face ruins it all.

And I liked Salvation. Christian Bale as John Connor- what more could you ask for?

PSR said...

hmm...a pretty gud hols u had

Murty said...

Cocktail contest in the Mughal Sheraton? Oh. My. God.

Abhinav Malhotra said...

Vacations+Movies+food+cocktails=Heaven