Monday, March 31, 2008

Life in the fast lane....

Life has been a blurred blur for the past one month. I guess that alone would be an ideal excuse asto why there hasn’t been another one of those “blasphemous”(in the literary circles) and “cool”(in the non-literary ones) entry on my much revered blogsite.
So after the ShARING with D- skul, there has been much hulabaloo in my curriculum. It all started with the rockclimbing course in Nainital. We had gone their expecting a 5 day trip to an amusement park. But Murphy’s Law hit us big time to ruin all our hopes of checking out girls on the maal road. We were told that it was a proper course with a project to be done and a full frontal written test to be cleared if we wanted to avoid a back, if you will. There went our holidays for a blast…..
While returning from Nainital, I ate in succession golgappas, sugarcane juice and had some tea too. All these combined in my stomach to create a highly exo- reaction. I only somehow managed to reach roorkee dry!!!!
After recuperating for about 8 hrs, I left for my uncle’s place in Agra to celebrate holi(my own being too far to com back from in 3 days)…again, all my hopes of having a peaceful coupla days went for a toss!!!! I realised that family can be more lethal while playing holi with, my mausis being the biggest culprits. I was declared the guest of honour and paraded around in the lane on everyone’s shoulders. The trip had its more civilised momnets when I visited the Amar Vilas, reportedly the sixth best hotel in the world.
Back to R-land now, and it seemed the vocabulary of people had been reduced to only one word, COGNI. Myself, I had planned to organise a quiz, and add to it I was also part of the HelpDesk which looks after the trivial queries of the participants. Some of the queries included: Why is this year’s cogni worse than last year’s? , Is there no couple event sorta thing in your techfest?.....heaven’s helpme!!!!
My quiz turned out to be quite a (not phenomenal) success with appreciation from ane and all regarding my choice of questions. However, the review letter the next day went on to say that the quiz was the worst of its kindd. I receive criticism rather appreciatively, so I have only decided to piece the author into 2 whenever I meet him/her.
Cognizance was over yesterday and there you go…. I, as a dutiful citizen of the blogging world have upheld my duty of updating you all with my life, as we know it!!!!

p.s.- I am as surprised as you are asto why I have written this blog so solemnly!!

1 comment:

Sushant said...

@blasphemous strangers...
how dare you trash this comments column asif it were an orkut (s)crapbook