Saturday, February 23, 2008

THE RETURN TO INNOCENCE....

My blogs are generally narratives in the truest sense of the word. Other bloggers in R-land write on a gamut of subjects but I (although I am a good quizzer and boast an awesome GK) generally abstain from writing on debatable topics and stick to describing to the happenings in my very happening life. Also my use of vaocabulary is much more down to earth(a soft way of saying I am not a walking dictionary) rather than filled with frills which Shakespeare himself might have problems fathoming.
But after having noticed the latest blog entries(my own "Bareilly ke bazaar mein..." included), one can say that "sentiyaapa" has crept in, nay, forced its way in the mind of a typical Thomsonian. Be it Lefty's "Nice guys finish last" or Dela's "Il joga bonito" and "Growing down?" emotions seem to running rather high in an otherwise chilly winter. Believe me, I can still crack jokes which have people in splits but somehow that jolly air is missing.
So its after much convincing my otherwise nympho brain that I finally sit down to write a senti blog.
Lately, (as my faithful blog readers might know) I had the chance to first hand experience the working of a full fledged, angst ridden, pathetic excuse for public service,government office. The one thing I found common in all the people that walked the rooms in that particular walk you would definitely associate with tension is that they probably were thinking about other hurdles after this one was crossed. That was it. They looked asif they had nothing to look forward in life. I had to count myself as not one of those, afterall I had a FA cup Man U - Arsenal match to look forward to.(trivial, some might say).
People go on just for the sake of going on. Even in the campus, the case is not much different, as I later realised. Its all about the same things over and over again. Kiska placement kahan lagega? or Kiska CAT clear hoga? or Kiska GRE accha jaega? During my course of two years I have met many (whom i'd rather call hapless) souls who seem to recite the aforementioned three sentences only.
Now, it seemed that FA cup match was really a thing to look forward to. Puts things into perspective , it really does. Maybe it isnt about a six figure pay packet or an MBA or whatever.....
because after a lot of introspection I found that the one person whom I most wanted to become was someone like Lefty's mom. Someone who at fifty or sixty or seventy write blogs, which would still crack up the teenagers.

4 comments:

Saagar said...

Two things:
a) Nice Guys Finish Last was not a senti post. Neither have any of the others been.
b) Don't make my mom 60 or 70 da. She'll be quite unhappy.
Nice post otherwise. Refreshing reading after the one I'd read before this.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hmmm, yeah I noticed the trend too. It's been a depressing winter, and it seems to have take its toll on you too. Even so, it made a great read. i haven't been spared either, with three sentiaap posts in a row. Now that spring is here I'll come up with another no-brainer- the kind that my blog seems to have become synonymous with.

Sushant said...

@saagar
actually....after the first para it seemed to be a senti one. after posting my own i read the complete one but i decided to leave on this piece of brand name if u will, to my post.

@dela
been there bro, been there......